Thursday, October 30, 2008

The PaRtY mOm!!

A few jewels among a BUSY somewhat stressful day!

As all of you know Britten has started Kindergarten this year! When it came time to volunteer I think I signed up for just about everything except for the room mom! When no one wanted the job Mrs. Reid approached me to see if I would be willing to do it and of course I said yes! But I had also signed up to be the PaRtY pLannEr and organize the parties. I decided out of the two I would rather do the parties. What was I thinking?!? I have been stressing out all week over a party for FIVE year olds! Since Jeff had been gone for three weeks I saved most of the organizing and planning until this week so I was not able to recruit much help from the other moms! I think I have been to the store at least once each day for something and have been cutting, copying and laminating like crazy! Today amongst my mindless chaos (and I have some friends that can vouch for the mindless part!) I had a few jewels that I wanted to share!

One is about Sarah!! Today was her preschool Halloween party and I was able to go and spend the morning with her. It was so great to have some one on one time! We both enjoyed it! She and I love to sing along to music in the car together! A remix of I will be there for you was playing today and as we were both singing it, Sarah stopped and said, "Mom, I'll always be there for you!" I then told her I would always be there for her! She continued to say, "Mom, we'll always be friends!" and I said we sure will and then she said, "We'll be there for each other!" What a sweet moment it was for me! Sometimes the things they say are sooooooooo Heaven sent!

Later in the day after going non-stop Britten wanted to run with me to pick up some balloons and run into the store. He got his costume from his Nana today and was so eXitEd and SuPeR proud! He put it on right away and wore it for the rest of the day. So, here we are walking through the store. Me with the cart and my little fighter pilot pushing the stroller. I looked at him and realized how big he was getting and what a responsible little boy he is turning into! Another sweet moment for me amongst a crazy day!

Sweet little Ian watching me run around from here to there! He only cries when he is hungry and is such a trooper! I am so thankful for him in our lives! His smiles and laughter were such sweet moments for me today!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

how sweet-I LOVED the Sarah moment you shared-priceless. It is good you wrote it down so you will have it forever & forever!!

Happy Halloween!! :)

Kelli Proctor said...

oh that is so sweet! You have such sweet kids, love that! Sometimes you have to just stop and enjoy!

Nielson said...

You are such a good mom--and party helper!! I bet whatever you are making will be amazing! That is so sweet about Sarah, I can totally picture it!

Jenn said...

I love those moments!! They are adorable!! And awesome of you to appreciate their sweetness.

Trevor and Lauren said...

OOOhhh, what sweet kids you haver?! That little Sarah moment was so cute!
Sounds like you had a crazy but fun Halloween!

Natalie N said...

Awww - Sarah saying you'll be there for each other is about the sweetest thing I've ever heard! I love it.