Thursday, March 19, 2009

quilting 101!

Yeah!  We have finally finished our quilting project!  It all started with a little trip around last October to Gardner's Village!  We found a fun quilt in Pine Needles and decided to start a project for ourselves!  After logging several hours of sewing time, a few trips to the fabric store and dropping them off to be quilted we are DONE!  and super excited about our new blankets!
They are the same kit but a little different!  We had so much fun learning as we went!  I think we also cursed at our machines a few times for sewing a little crazy!
I love the flower and initial!  If you look closely the quilting lady did the cutest flower pattern around the border and did a leaf pattern throughout the quilt!  She did such a fabulous job for a great price!

I also love the back!  It is totally funky fabric from the moda chick line!!
Now I don't know if I should hang it on the wall because let's face it fabric is not cheap these days or use it for a lap quilt!  Any suggestions?

10 comments:

Natalie said...

hang it on the wall!!! love it! You both did such a great job! Wish we lived closer so you could help me make one. Maybe one day...

Nielson said...

wow! That quilt is amazing! YOu guys are so great--but I am inviting myself in to your next project!!! Oh, and I don't know--I think I might use it as a lap quilt but I would never let my kids touch it :)

Kelli Proctor said...

ok I would totally just frame it and never let it touch the ground! That is amazing Leigh! LOVE IT! I especially LOVE the fabric on the back, funky fresh! haha! ALso LOVE those cute pics of Ian!

Crystal said...

I am seriously so impressed! I say use it to decorate, like over the back of a chair or hang it--you would be so sad if something spilled on it!

Laci said...

That is sooooo cute! You are just way too crafty!! :)

Slim said...

I am so impressed! I would definitely hang it on the wall -- it is too cute to fold up and tuck away in a closet! Good job guys! I wish we had a lady here that would machine quilt things cheap. Oh well. And your cute little Ian's eyes ARE mesmerizing! He is such a darling little guy. Not surprised though!

The Rich Family said...

Leigh---you are inspiring!!! I want to be able to do that. I just can't wrap my brain around that. We miss you guys. Hopefully we will make it up to SLC one of these days.

Sarah said...

I love your quilt it's so pretty! I don't know how you found the time with all you do. I am due the 11th of May 7 more weeks!

Jenn said...

WOW!! You are SOOOOOOOOOOO TALENTED!! And I love all the pics of IAN! 9 MONTHS already-WOW!!

Drew and Michele said...

oh so cute!! LOVE the fun fabric on the back. Good Job!!