Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Meet BEAR!

Max's first impression of BEAR!
Bear in Max's bed!
He won't fit much longer. Why do they have to grow so fast?
OK - so my last post totally freaked my mom out. She wants me to find a maid and said she would pay for it for these last few months of pregnancy. I might just take her up on that, so if anyone knows of a good cleaning service let me know.

Here is our new BIG puppy. I guess he was the biggest in the liter. Jeff and the kids went to Filmore Thursday night to pick him up so tomorrow he will have been here one week. The kids are LOVING having a new puppy! We are amazed at how smart he is and how quick he is learning. I am also amazed at how fast Jeff gets out of bed around 2 am to take him out to the bathroom. I have never seen him move so fast from sleep. I think Bear is his new baby. Which brings me to his name. Jeff, Britten and Sarah voted without me. My pick was Charlie or Hutch but I did not have much say. Jeff says he is the one to take him out in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. So does that mean I get to name all the rest of our kids because I am the one who does the feeding and diaper changing in the middle of the night??

So Max and Bear did not get along so well the first few days. They are just starting to warm up to each other. Hopefully they will become good playmates! Because we are so not getting another dog. I am sure there will be many more pics to come!

8 comments:

Kirkhams said...

HI!!! I'm so sad I missed you girls at dinner...if only I could have flown in for a fun weekend get-a-way with you gals! I'm still so sad we never connected when you were here last. How much longer do you have anyway with the pregnancy?

And fun that you got a new little chocolate lab. Sean and Allie have a chololate lab too...and his name is Bear! That must be a perfect fit for a cute pup! You're brave 2 kids, baby coming soon, and 2 dogs! I'd have your Mom hire me a maid too!

Kirkhams said...

Leigh...give me tips on background stuff. if your people don't call my people then i'll have my people call your people.

Laci said...

Bear is soooooooo beautiful!! Sorry we couldn't hook up last weekend....I ended up driving Melis home so we could have a girls day shopping! AND.....your house looks great Leigh. hey, we ALL have those days/weeks :) Rumor is, there's an offer in on the ashdown house for $325,000....what??? I can't imagine it'll ever go for that. Who knows. hang in there girl!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard right now about Jeff thinking he should name the dog b/c he gets up with him at night. :) That is so something Greg would say. You are SO right Leigh... you get first pick on all your kids names now...unless of course he wants to get up with them. ;) CUTE puppy by the way! Can't wait to see more pics.

abi said...

How fun for you guys! You are so brave to get a puppy with a baby on the way, but I guess you have the duties assigned to your husband. Good for you!

Jenn said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad ya'll are doing so well and that your family is growing. And that is SOOOO funny about your Mom-she's so cute. It really didn't look that bad!! But hey if it gets you some free cleaning it was worth it! You deserve it!!

Nielson said...

Cute puppy!!! Bridger has requested a puppy today, but I think it will be a while (a long while) :)--I can't wait to see him--and yeah for maid service! I don't know anyone, but I say go for it!

cyndi said...

Oh my goodness that dog is super cute! It looks like Bear is getting plenty of LOVE from everyone. We will be up there on the 11 yes Rig's party is on the 12th @ my parents. I am so jealous about the cleaning service. jay said after I had Rig I could get one. I just can't bring myself to spend the money I would rather spend it on something else :)