Thursday, April 17, 2008

Folding Laundry

I had the cutest experience with Britten today that I wanted to share. Sarah was watching a quiet time and I sat down on the floor to fold about 3 loads of laundry. Britten was hanging out by me and said, "hey mom, I can help you fold the laundry." I looked at him thinking, no you don't know how to fold laundry. So I thought I would give him something easy and tossed him a pair of his underwear. He neatly folded them and added them to his pile. Then I tossed him one of his t-shirts and he spread it out on the floor, folded both the arms in, folded in half and then in half again. He told me he learned to fold the laundry at preschool. I was not sure if they had a lesson on household chores or if my friend Anna is really putting our kids to work around her house... Anyway - it was so cute because he sat beside me folding laundry. Who would have thought my 5 year old could be such a huge help! Actually he is, he always helps me clear the table and pick up things off the floor. I am such a lucky mom to have him for a son!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Adorable!! And so great that he is so willing to help!! He's such a cutie. Maybe he can take over for awhile your new little one comes along!!!

Slim said...

Your kids are so stnkin' cute!!! I loved your blog and am so glad we can keep up with you guys this way. I added your site to my blog so I can chek up with what ya'll are doing. Love your cute little fam. Hang in there with Ian!!!

Nielson said...

That is so sweet! so...dishes next??? :)

Drew and Michele said...

what a cute kid!! I am sure you love having the help although sometimes the help is more work for you hu!! Oh how fun are little boys!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! What a helper and what a great husband he will be one day. :)

Shmobby said...

That is adorable! Love when they start helping out...such big boys!