Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Riding to the Finish Line!

So my good friend Lisa from Houston just finished the MS-150 Bike Tour from Houston to Austin, Texas. It was a goal of hers I believe from last year to ride this year and she did it! What a great accomplishment and what a great cause!! I have a sister-in-law who is fighting Multiple Sclerosis and have seen the struggles that she has faced and is currently facing. Here is a link to some info on the bike tour and MS.
http://www.ms150.org/ms150/about_ms.cfm
Yeah Lisa!! WAY TO GO...

Right now I feel like I too am racing in a race. The pregnancy race. I have 4 weeks to go and wonder if I will make it to the finish line. I guess life is full of different races and we are all on the race track trying to get to some finish line to turn around and race again! I'm really grateful for good friends and family who stand on the side lines to cheer me on to the finish!

7 comments:

Nielson said...

I have been thinking about you a lot lately--you are so close!! I can't wait to see that sweet little Ian.

Julie said...

What a great post! I love your take on the 'race'. It certainly feels like that at times! You are an awesome lady and your sweet little guy will be here in a blink of an eye! Good Luck!

Natalie N said...

YAY! 4 weeks...You can do it! :) Wow--what a week you had with the sick kids and then being sick yourself. Good thing the cleaning ladies came to brighten your day.
I hope things are better for you guys. Hopefully this last month will fly for you! GOOD LUCK!

Slim said...

You can do it Leigh! It's the last month that seems so impossible and you are there. The best thing is that at the end of your finish line, there's going to be another beautiful baby! Keep on keepin' on, girl!

Jenn said...

FOUR WEEKS-THAT'S SO EXCITING!! I always look at your little countdown but it always seemed so far away but 4 WEEKS WOW!!! YEAH!

Kelli Proctor said...

go Leigh! You can do it, its so soon!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.