Thursday, March 27, 2008

"Leigh in REAL life..."





Can I just say that I have SURVIVED the month of MARCH! Jeff and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary - we had a yummy dinner at Carabas and then went to a movie. It really was a fun night and can't believe it has already been 6 years. Sarah's Birthday was a success too. All of the little kids that came seemed to have such a fun time and Sarah is still talking about it. That night when the party was over I literally could not walk because I was exhausted. The next big event was EASTER! Easter was fun! The kids help me put eggs together for the neighborhood egg hunt and they really enjoyed their visit from the bunny and going to church. Yesterday was Britten's birthday party at the Kangaroo Zoo. There were 18 kids there and I just showed up with the cake, ice cream, decorations and party favors. I'm really glad I had it somewhere the kids could just run and play! So, with that said, I survived but I don't think my house has... Here are some pictures of what my house looked like this morning! I know it is totally embarrassing but it's REAL LIFE right?? I have spent most of my energy this week getting ready for Britten's party and Jeff has had strep throat this week and so has not been the help he usually is. So, between all the party planning, the exhaustion of pregnancy and Jeff being sick this is what our house looks like. I did have a stay at home day to tidy our house back up! Jeff is on his way to Filmore right now to pick up our new little puppy and I am headed out with the girls for pedicures and dinner! Just what I need...

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I wish I could go with you, pedicures and dinner sounds good. At least Ian will be born in May and not March!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday Britten!!! Looks like you had a fun party! Don't worry about the messy house! You should see mine somedays!

Jenn said...

I LOVE IT!! I LOVE how honest you can be about how WE ALL ARE!! Everyone always thinks my house is so clean but they haven't seen the closets.....where all the stuff is.....ROCK ON GIRL and hope the pedicure with the girls was awesome! Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for fun and HONEST post! B/c that's how all of our houses look when there's no "company" coming over. :) You have had a very busy month!! Hopefully it calms down a little for you this month. Hope you enjoyed you much needed pedicure!

Nielson said...

I can't believe how busy you guys have been lately, but I suppose every March is that way. :) Can I come over and help? I guess, maybe I should clean my house first...no, it's always funner to clean somebody elses. :)

Julie said...

You are awesome! Maybe someday I will be that brave and post the real pics of my real life...Maybe! Super cute parties, too!
Julie

cyndi said...

Phew you made it! Are you ready for a dog? Even a house broken dog has accidents. I loved the dog before I had Rig, but once he came I had no tolerance. That being said she is laying right next to me right now and sleeps next to me at night. So she did have a hard time when the baby was born. I also told Jay for my B-day I wanted another dog

Girl you so deserve a girls night with Pedi's. They are my favorite. I love getting my toes done! Your pics of the kids are really cute! You better post some with the new puppy.

cyndi said...

I tagged you so go read my blog for instruction. . .It is a fun one.

Natalie N said...

Cute pictures & cute puppy! I bet you're glad March is over. From your post below, it sounds like it was action-packed! I was cracking up how Jeff and the kids picked the dog's name b/c Jeff is the one who gets up in the middle of the night! :) Bear is a darling name though.
Happy April!