Saturday, January 5, 2008

Something to make any girl SMILE



FLOWER DELIVERY for Leigh Butt!


One day about 3 weeks after we moved in, I found a delivery notice on the door. Someone from the flower shop came by but I must not have heard the doorbell. I of course called Jeff and asked if he's sent flowers and he denied. Around 6pm my cute neighbor Michelle comes over with these beautiful flowers in hand. They delivered them to her by mistake. She got very excited and called her hubby to thank him when he said he did not send flowers. Then she read the card which was addressed to Leigh Butt. My cute cousin Steve and I have had this joke for years about him sending me flowers and me never getting them. I think this is the second time he has officially sent them where they did not get lost in the mail. He sent them as a congrats on the new house, new promotion, new baby... what a great cousin is he? Besides the fact he calls me Leigh butt. Well, the story gets better. We invited our neighbors over the following week for a family night to decorate Christmas cookies. So, all week long they thought they were going to the BUTT's house. They joked about it for a week saying, "we're going to the butt's house, we live next door to the butt's"... etc. Then in church on Sunday they heard someone call us the Bullock's and realized sadly they did not live next door to the Butt's. We had a great laugh over it though. Good old Steve BUTT!

3 comments:

Ryan and Tawnee said...

Beautiful flowers! How fun unexpected suprises are. We miss you guys! But we have news also, we are moving to Connecticut in May! If you come home to Texas before then please contact us!!

Julie said...

that is VERY funny!

scraphappymama said...

love the flowers. it was so fun to get your blog link - we sure miss you guys. Sunnie and I went to the zoo the other day and we thought about you guys.

looks like you had a wonderful christmas and lots of fun in san diego. congrats on baby #3. When are you due?

keep in touch!!