Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sarah's Dance Recital!

Sarah had her first dance recital!!  I think the mom's were way more excited than the girls!  It has been a fun year for her to go to dance once a week!  I have been so proud of her and she has learned a lot!  Here are a few pics from her recital!  This is her friend Meela in our neighborhood.
They danced to Ariel the little mermaid song.  Not sure what the name is but so appropriate for little Sarah!  She has loved that movie and song since I can remember!

Grandma and Jimini came all the way from Texas to see Sarah perform!  It was such a special day!
I was so proud of my little girl!!  (so side note!  Jeff was going to pick up flowers in the morning but Britten woke up with strider and had to go to the Dr. for a steroid.  Anyway - they barely made it back in time to see her dance and did not have a chance to pick up some flowers.  Thank heavens they sold some there!!)
Dad and Sarah!  She sure loves her daddy!
The Bullock Family!
I had asked Sarah later that day about dancing up on stage in front of all those people and she said, "Mom, I could feel the Gospel while I was up there."  What she was meaning is that she could feel the Holy Ghost while she was dancing.  I told her Heavenly Father was so proud of her and that what she was doing was a good thing!  She agreed and wants to keep on dancing!

10 comments:

Natalie N said...

Oh my goodness! GREAT pictures! It was so fun to catch up on your blog tonight. "Mom, I could feel the Gospel up there" is my new favorite kid phrase. That's classic!!

And Happy Birthday to little Ian. What great pictures and a beautiful family. Makes us miss you lots!
xoxo

Natalie said...

You're lookin good Leigh. How is the SB thing going? Have you booked tickets to come here yet?

Happy Birthday to Ian. Love that he figured out how to use the high chair as a walker.

Sarah is beautiful!

Mrs. JoAnne Mabey said...

Leigh- this is JoAnne who lived across from you at Wyview.... i dont know if you remember me- but i came across your blog and i have to say you have the most beautiful family! and i cant believe how big Britton is!!! and i remember when Sarah was born! crazy! anyway i just wanted to drop a line and say HI and i am so glad yall are doing so well!

Nielson said...

How cute! Sarah looks so cute in her dance costume!

Heidi said...

What an adorable little dancer! They all couldn't be cuter--I loved seeing what you guys have been up to. Way to go super-mom!

Jenn said...

She looks absolutely adorable. She is such a beautiful and sweet girl. We just had our recital last Saturday too! And I see that Ian turned ONE!! Oh my goodness!! What a cutie he is.

cyndi said...

That is so cute. She looks adorable in her costume. She is getting so big.

Slim said...

Such cute pics of you guys. The recital attire was precious!

jodi said...

Oh she is so cute! We need to have her come over for another playdate! I can't wait to see your kitten- hopefully James will let us keep her!

the speers said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I love their little outfits!!!