Friday, January 23, 2009

Something to be thankful for...

While I was in bed for over 36 hours with the stomach flu... here are a few things I was thankful for...

My hubby!! He stepped into my shoes and took care of the kids all day and me!! Thanks for the Gatorade and toast!! I think he has a new appreciation for all I do and is wanting to help out a little more!! See there are benefits to having the stomach flu!

My sweet kids!! Britten and Sarah were so concerned that I was sick and both said prayers for me that I would feel better and not throw up anymore!! It was very sweet!

A good book!! In between sleeping and ... I read Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen. I just love her name and I love her books! It was a good one.

I was also thankful for Gatorade! I think I drank so much because I was so dehydrated!!

So, today I feel like I am back in the land of the living!! I am still taking it easy but there is much to be done after mom takes a day off.

I'm also totally thankful for my health! Being sick makes you realize how lucky you are to be healthy most of the time!

Also!! on a side note. I noticed in my last post the camera I posted is the D300 when I did an image search I was looking for the D90! That is the camera I got. It still is pretty fancy but not as fancy as the D300!!

7 comments:

Vanessa, Zac and Noah said...

Glad you are feeling better! That is so not fun to be sick. Way to look for the positive lining though!

Natalie said...

What a great husband. Sorry you have been down! Loved your comment about the long distance phone bill.

Slim said...

It's the pits to get the yucks. So sad you had to go through that, but you are a glass half full girl and saw a lot of positives despite all that. And D90 or D300, you still got a very nice toy! :)

Nielson said...

So sorry! That stinks that you were so sick! I'm glad to hear you are feeling much better though. Call if you need anything!

Laci said...

So sorry you've been sick and glad you're feeling better! We've gotten slammed this winter with everything possible! Not fun! have fun with that new camera too....you'll love it!

Ryan and Tawnee said...

Glad you weren't sick too long- it's the pits being a sick mommy! I have to agree I totally miss Lupe Tortilla also, it was my favorite hands down Mexican food!

Kelli Proctor said...

aww...last week was not a good week! THis is a new week though! Husbands are great like that huh?! So I was totally going to bring you a smoothie on Friday but when I picked Aust up from school he was sick! So it never happened, but I thought about it....Cant wait for tonight!