Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Not feeling so HOT!

I think I have the crud the kids have had... I have a horrible sinus infection and to top that off I have a tooth ache! yikes! Does anyone have a good dentist they recommend??

On a more positive note... I am super excited about a birthday/Christmas present I got from my Mom, Dad, Grandma, Lynnie and PJ. Everyone donated towards my latest endeavor. Those of you who know me know I have taken pictures since I can remember! I always had my camera with me to capture fun times and memories. I really wanted a better camera and nicer quality when I started having kids! After watching them grow up so fast I wanted to capture each stage they went through! SO... this is what I got...

Jeff also got me photoshop and I am ready to get learning!! Erin and I are taking a photography class starting Jan. 27th and Lindsay gave me my first lesson in photoshop! I think I may have a new addiction since I kicked the diet coke one!

11 comments:

Nielson said...

That's going to be so fun! I can't wait to see all the creative things you do. :)

Slim said...

Yeah! You will have to help me after your photography class! There is nothing like the tools to capture the moments that go by way too fast. Glad you got your tool, girl!

Natalie N said...

Woo-hoo! Nothing like a new camera to lift those spirits! I hope you get well soon. That would be so fun to see you if you came out for a visit this summer. Just keep us posted on the date! If your tooth is still aching when/if you come out here in June, I know a great dentist who could check it out for you. But he doesn't have an x-ray machine or all the equipment here at our house... :)

Natalie N said...

p.s.--I just remembered to answer your question... I use Picasa 3 (Google's free picture software) to make my simple collages. I have Photoshop Elements, and I enjoy that too for more complicated things. But Picasa is so dang easy... You may be tempted to not use Photoshop! :)

Crystal said...

Awesome! It's neat so many people are supporting you in this--I'll let you practice on my kids whenever you need models--I can be supportive too ;)

Hope you feel better, my kids are taking turns with strep, ugh. I just spent 1.5 hrs. disinfecting, ugh.

k8e said...

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well and toothaches are the worst! I don't know of a dentist here but I love my dentist in West Jordan-Almond Dental. Hope you get to feeling better!

KaRLie said...

WOW it has been a long time since I have looked or left a comments. Your blog is so cute!! Sorry to hear your sick we are going through that at our house. Emily has it now:( I work for a great dentist. His name is Dr. Alcorn. He is over in Highland. The only problem is we dont open till Monday. He takes long weekends. let me know if you have any questions. Maybe I can answer or I will call him.

natalie said...

OMG, and I thought my gift (Nikon D60) was great! I want photoshop too! Do you love it?

Can't wait to see your cute photos.

xo Natalie

Kelli Proctor said...

That is one beautiful camera! I am jealous! I need one now! I am excited for you to take that class, that will be awesome! Hope you are feeling better!

georgeandmarie said...

Sorry to hear you have been felling yucky!! This is the worst time of year and everyone can sympathize with you! Hope you get back to feeling normal and better soon!! Yeah for your super cool camera!! So fun!!

cyndi said...

I am glad you are feeling better! I am excited for you to take a photo class it sounds like fun.