Saturday, January 10, 2009

My little hair dresser!

This was the inspiration!! Nana and Papa got Sarah this darling hair salon chair with a doll to go with it! Along with the chair comes a comb, brush, rollers and little plastic pretend scissors.

Here is the doll! She is adorable and comes with clothes to change! We opened her up and Sarah said, "Mom I can cut her hair with real scissors because she is my doll!" I then told her no she can't cut the dolls hair with real scissors and can only use the play ones! After we opened the rest of the presents I had a feeling to pick up all the scissors lying around from cutting into the toys. Note: Sarah's cute hair I think it has just grown out from when I had to cut the comb out that Britten got stuck. When dinner time rolled around I was looking for Sarah and found her in the play room with hair all over the place. She had found more scissors at Nana's kids craft desk! Watch the video to see her new do! I called it the Rosie O'Donnell cut which she sported for a few days until I could get her into get a real cut!
Here is an after shot after her hair cut! The gal did a pretty good job for what we came in with! It is really short in the back with an a-line in the front!
It is a good thing Sarah is so cute because she even looked good with her mullet! yeah right!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

look at you all cool and telling her she is beautiful! I would have been ticked! Just proves what a fun patient Mamma you are! My girls got a beauty salon 2 years ago--I threw the scissors away in 2 seconds flat-personal record for ditching a naughty toy!

Laci said...

Leigh I am just cracking up!! Seriously, I think she must be obsessed....sign her up today for beauty school, I can get her on the list here at Evans for sure!! :) Oh, she is so cute. Glad she got it all fixed up! And, Britten is defintely ready for those Stake dances....he IS the man!! Miss ya! xoxo

Heidi said...

Way to take it in stride, Leigh. I have memories of my mom melting into tears when Natalie did the same thing. I don't know how Lauren hasn't managed to cut her hair yet--it seems like it happens in every family. I'm sure our time will come, and I will know who to call!

Slim said...

I think you handled that soooooo great! I would have been mortified. The video is hilarious when she turns to that one side. Oh dear! I thought her hair turned out darling despite the incident and it will make for one good story later. It was sooo much fun to see you and you will have to send pics from the cheesecake factory. I am dying to see the one of Stacy singing happy birthday like the cheesecake guys.

Nielson said...

You are such a good mom! Wow, she really does look cute in anything, but I might have cried... :)

Natalie N said...

Oh Leigh - I'm dying over here! This is great entertainment. How are you remaining so calm and collected while interviewing your little gal on that video?! You have got to be the coolest and most patient mom around. She does look adorable with short hair though!
xoxo