Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our dinner table conversation!

My poor kids! With their daddy away I seem to make quesadillas, eggs or cereal for dinner. Nothing time consuming and always simple! Last night I was at the store and walked by the rotisserie chicken section and the smell was so good and homemade!! I thought well, I am going to get us a yummy chicken for dinner! (still totally simple). I also got a sweet potato. This is our dinner menu: garlic and herb chicken, mashed sweet potato, costco organic corn. My kids cleaned their plates and both had seconds and thirds! (At that point I felt really bad for not feeding them so well over the past week and a half). Then Sarah asked:

"Where does a chicken meat come from?"

Britten replied, "from a chicken".

Sarah: "Was this chicken on the farm?"

Britten: "Yes Sarah it came from the farm."

Sarah: "Who killed the chicken? The grocery store?"

Britten: "Probably the farmer, I think."

Sarah: "Are those his legs?"

ME: "No, those were his wings."

Britten: "Where is his heart?"
Me: "Let's change the subject and talk about something else because Mommy is losing her appetite."

a few minutes later...

Sarah: "Where is his head?"

Britten: "They chopped it off."

Sarah: "Oh, I can see the hole where it was!"

ME... so not eating anymore chicken!

6 comments:

k8e said...

LOL! I love it! That is too funny! Oh, and I loved your Sunday post. That was one of my favorites!

Send me your email address so I can invite you to my blog! katierammell@yahoo.com

Crystal said...

Ha! Kids say the darndest things! When Jair is away it's corndogs or chicken nuggets--good 'ol "kid food"--yuck! I usually have a bowl of cereal after they are in bed ;)

Yardley said...

That is so funny. I just got some pictures from my sister Julianna and there is one of her cutting off the head of a chicken and Makenna asked what it was. I thought it was best totell the truth. She had a funny face at first and then she was fine.

Kelli Proctor said...

haha! They are seriously so cute! Thanks for helping me last night, you are such an awesome friend!

Laci said...

that is hilarious! totally laughing out loud!

KaRLie said...

You have the funniest kids! Your post about them always make me laugh! HAPPY BIRTHDAY I hope you have a wonderful day!