Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rocephin one, two, THREE! ouch!


So, the downside to a fun weekend in Galveston is that I caught the infection that had gone through most of the family. It was not a fun bug to catch! Started with fever, cough, drainage, aches and pains and headache. My mom works for an infectious disease Dr. so when I started going downhill fast she had me come into the office. My first visit consisted of a shot of Rocephin in the hip which did not feel so great. The Dr. then proceeded to tell me to come back the next two days for two more doses. The nurse could not believe he wanted me to get 3 doses! Maybe it is because I am 25 weeks prego??? So, I spent most of the next 3 days in bed looking out my window at the BEAUTIFUL February Texas weather. talk about BUMMER!! Maybe the plane ride was a little forshadowing of what was to come. I only saw one friend and felt like I should have stayed one more week but I don't think Jeff would have agreed!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you were sick on your vacation! Wish we could have seen you, but hopefully next time. Hope you are feeling better!