Monday, June 30, 2008

My Favorite Piece of Furniture...

I have to say my rocking chair is one of my favorite pieces of furniture! My mom bought it for me as a gift when Britten was born and I feel like I have logged several hours rocking in that chair. I love rocking my babies. In fact I remember rocking Britten every night of his first two years about. It was my favorite time of the day. Then when Sarah was born I was able to rock her too. Every time we have moved I have been most protective of my rocker. The last time we moved up from Texas we had some sketchy guys do the move. I kept saying please be extra careful with my chair and he kept assuring me they were complete experts and nothing would be damaged. Come to find out my rocker was loaded on the bottom with boxes piled on top. The wood on the back of the chair broke and I was so upset. Jeff was able to patch it up for me - thank heavens! Now I have little Ian to rock. Just yesterday I was holding him in my arms and he had fallen asleep and smiled at me while he was sleeping. It is such a priceless time in life that I will never get back! I am so grateful for my rocking chair and so grateful for these precious children that I am able to take care of. It amazes me at the amount of love I feel for each one of my kids!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You're such a good mom too! I can't believe how eay you make it look with all three. You were so patient with them.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Leigh,
Come on over to Shabby Creations to check out the winners of the 4th of July giveaway. HINT: It's YOU! E-mail me when you get a chance.
bellablog@shabbycreations.com
Cheers,
Michelle
Shabby Creations

Jenn said...

You are such a FABULOUS MOM. WHAT YOU WON A CONTEST!! You go girl!

Slim said...

So glad you make the time to rock those babies! It is precious time...looking forward to seeing you in a week or so!