Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tomorrow is the BIG day!

I had my last Dr. appointment this past Tuesday and presented my Dr. with a top 10 list of why baby Ian should be born a little sooner than my scheduled surgery... Here was my list:

10. My belly button is going to POP!
9. He's got to weigh at least 8 lbs.
8. I toss and turn all night long
7. He is out of room to move around
6. The 21st is my lucky number
5. He wants to meet his brother and sister
4. It's time to retire the tums
3. My hospital bag is all packed, my legs are shaved (somewhat) and toes are painted
2. I'll be a much nicer mommy because I will sleep better
1. Ian is tired of the dark and ready to see the light!

So, he pretty much laughed at me and said just don't go into labor on Thursday because I will be out of town for a funeral...

In the scheme of things 4 days is nothing compared to the many days and months I have carried this little guy in my tummy. I have been nervous about having a third c-section. For some reason the surgery really causes me a lot of anxiety. Through many prayers and blessings I have really felt a lot of peace this past week and I know that I am in the Lord's hands and that he will deliver this baby safely into my hands. I am so excited to meet my little guy for the first time tomorrow!! We will post some pictures as soon as possible! Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes!!

8 comments:

Natalie N said...

YAY!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy. Good luck with the surgery; you'll do great!

Carrie Stevenson said...

good luck Leigh! Love the name you guys chose, too! I hope everything goes great!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! How exciting! Can't wait to see pics of him.

Drew and Michele said...

I we are so excited for you and your family. There is nothing better then welcoming a new addition to your family. Good Luck, can't wait for pictures

Jenn said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Love your list especially the legs shaved..that is a big deal especially when you're pregnant!! Can't wait to see the pictures of your little guy and good luck with everything! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Sarah said...

Good luck you guys! I know how you feel the whole anxious thing I felt it with my second c-sec. and don't know what I will do when the time comes for the 3rd. We will be in Utah June 16-27 I hope we can come see you guys and meet Ian!

Nielson said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see Ian, you are going to do great, Leigh! What a lucky baby to have such great parents!

Kelli Proctor said...

Hope everything went so well for you guys! Cant wait to meet little Ian!