Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Takes you BACK...

You know how sometimes a song can take you back in time. I was driving this morning when Jack and Diane played on the radio. So, this was one of "our songs" in high school. This and American Pie. I wanted to give a shout out to all of my high school buddies. It has been a long time since those carefree days. It is crazy to look back and think of all of the worries you have as a teenager that seem so minimal as an adult. There is a line in the song that says "hold onto 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon that make us women and men..." I guess 16 has come and gone for me but now as a young adult with little kids I want to hold onto this stage as long as I can too. Anyway - there is something about high school memories...

2 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

I agree, last night when I was at yoga a counting crows song came on and it totally took me back to my Park City High days and I also felt carefree hearing it, music is so crazy like that! I wrote a blog about it but didnt post it, maybe I should!

Nielson said...

is it just me, or do you still feel like your 16 sometimes? It really doesn't seem that long ago, but its so fun to reminisce!