Thursday, August 14, 2008

Texas TIMES

We spent so much of our time swimming in Grandma and Jimini's pool! It is one of our favorite things to do in the summer time. This day two of my great friends came over with their kids. Kim Parker and Stacy Kirkham. I love these pics of all the kids in the pool and eating cantaloupe.


This is Stacy's daughter Sydney! She and Britten have played together since they were babies. We did a preschool group for them when they were 2 1/2. They play so well together and have even had a few good wrestling matches in their day... I overheard Sydney telling Britten she was his girlfriend and they could get married when they get bigger. It was so cute!
Happy Birthday Jimini!!! It was so fun to be in Texas for my Dad's birthday! We went to my brother's house for a dinner celebration. It was lots of fun! Here is my dad with Britten, Ian, Lilly, Sarah and Caroline!
The Boys...
The girls...
I was so spoiled this time with girls night outs!! I went to the best Mexican restaurant with my good friends Lisa and Wendi! It was so fun to catch up with them. We used to all work for a company called HealthHelp and have stayed friends through the years. I guess it has been 8 years since we worked there. How time flies.
Lilly and Ian
Swimming in Uncle Bill's pool!
Caroline!
Lilly was such a fun cousin for Britten and Sarah to play with. She is going to be a good little baby sitter.

It was such a fun few weeks! We also swam with friends from my old ward. Jenn, Melissa and Julie. We went to the fun malls, chuckie cheese twice with Jimini, and got our fill of Mexican food! YUMMO!!! I also spent a lot of time with my college roomie Natalie Wade Griffiths. She moved to Texas from Utah the week before I moved to Utah. Bad timing! We have kept in touch all of these years! She actually posted a picture of us in the pool! So much braver than I am! We are counting the days till next summer when we go again!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

You look so tan! I wish I would have known you were blessing Ian last Sunday right? I could've stayed another day. It was good to talk to you today I will call you about our next visit. Ian looks so different to me already, they change so fast.

Slim said...

So glad we got to see you this time! You are one of my favorite people, Leigh and your children are just as beautiful inside and out. Love the picture of the kids all jumping in the pool -- great shot!

Jenn said...

That pool is so fun! Okay Leigh...the RECIPE disappeared. Please send or BLOG that amazingly yummy recipe....

You always look good tan or not tan. You go girl! You really are awesome Leigh. I miss you. You were always so great at getting everyone together.

Kirkhams said...

I love the picture with all the kids eating cantaloupe and watermelon! I'm craving an avocado sandwich right about now too! Pool days at Liz's are some of my most favorite memories with you. How many years have we been doing that now? I'm glad we were able to connect this trip and can't wait for the next one. Uh, Christmas?

Kelli Proctor said...

so fun! Family and friends are so the best! They look like so much fun! We are sure glad we have you guys as friends!

georgeandmarie said...

hey leigh...this is marie wright from the ward. I saw your blog through kelli's and its so cute!! your family is adorable and those kids are just way too cute!! hopefully we'll get to know you better!!