Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Texas Caviar

OK- this is for Jenn and anyone else who LOVES Texas caviar!! YUMMY

Recipe for Texas caviar:

2 cans of blackeyed peas (drained)
1 can of shoepeg corn (or regular)
2 ripe avocados (cut into pieces)
1 cucumber diced
1 bunch of cilantro (i use about half and cut up in my mini chopper)
1 packet of Italian seasonings mixed up!

I like to mix it up and let it cool in the fridge for a few hours before eaten. I serve it with Mission Tortilla Strips! I might have to make some today...

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Ooh you ROCK girlfriend!! I'm going to write down the INGREDIENTS now and going to post it on my Recipe Blog to SHARE WITH the WORLD.

jodi said...

I am so excited to try this recipe... What a fun idea to put recipes on your blog!

Slim said...

yummy - i will have to try that this week!

Crystal said...

wait a second, I think I know this one! I might have to make it tonight--except it makes too much for lil' 'ol me maybe I'll have to host BUNCO or something-and for the record I've only been late from then on!!

Marissa said...

Wejust got back early Saturday morning and it was awesome! Maui is always awesome though... We are still unpacking and the move sucked! I was so sad for the first week. I cried every day! Things are getting better though. My email is missajckmn@hotmail.com. talk to you soon!!!