Wednesday, August 27, 2008

All about Britten!

My baby boy has started Kindergarten. His first day was August 25th and he was so excited! I had always planned on driving him to and from school but come to find out he really wanted to ride the bus. I thought I would drive him on the first day too but he really, really wanted to ride the bus! The great thing about the bus is that our cute neighbors Addy and Jake ride the bus too. Britten and Addy both started Kindergarten this year and are enjoying sitting next to each other on the bus! I really wanted it to be a special day for Britten and so I made a few signs and hung them around the house. In the morning he found each one and wanted to know what they said. This was the breakfast of his choice, Cinnamon rolls, chocolate milk and a banana!
Here he is getting ready to catch the bus!
Addy and Britten waiting for the bus. Aren't they the cutest??
Watch your step!! Bye!! I totally started to cry as the bus drove away...
Where have the past 5 years gone?? I keep asking myself and realize they have gone so quickly but have left many great moments and memories in their place. Every night I tuck my kids into bed and spend some time singing and talking and snuggling with them. Before they fall asleep and I leave, I say, "sweet dreams little prince/princes" and Britten told me I now had to say, "sweet dreams BIG prince"! Well, good luck to you BIG prince as you start this new journey in your life! We LOVE you!!

Britten FUNNIES!

Britten put on his red undies, his red pj's and a red t-shirt and came into my room and said, "hey mom, I'm a RED neck".

Jeff was having a conversation with Britten about how he and I are his protectors. Britten said, "yeah, you have your guns to protect me, but what does Mom have? Oh well, she has her blow dryer". (apparently he thinks this is a weapon!)

He was getting his Kindergarten assessment and his teacher said, "Say what I say... I have a BLACK dog". Britten thought for a minute and said, "I have a BROWN dog". It was pretty funny!


11 comments:

Natalie said...

He looks so BIG and we just saw him. My kids love the bus too.

Laci said...

Oh Leigh I am sooooo with you!! This week has been so hard with school starting and the girls gone almost ALL day. I'm not a fan of my girls growing up without my permission and I wish I could just freeze time!!! I had a really good cry yesterday as Isabelle started kindergarten AND Camryn started pre-school. So sad for me......all alone for 2 1/2 hours. Wish you were here to hang out so I could get some baby love from Ian!! :)

Jenn said...

WHAT??? How did he go and grow up like that? Leigh I am LOVING his hair. He's such a little stud muffin!

Kirkhams said...

I think i'm ready for a cinnamon roll, chocolate milk and a banana!! Yummers! Britten looks so cute and I can totally picture you crying as he's driving away on that bus!

Parker Family said...

Can you believe they are so big. I can't believe they started kindergarten. It does not seems so long ago that they were born. He looks so big and cute.

Natalie N said...

AHH! He is so dang cute. I can hardly stand it! I was choking up reading about you crying as the bus drove off. I'm probably going to lose it when Whitney starts Kindergarten!

Crystal said...

It sorta makes your heart ache when they grow up so fast--you made me cry. I remember Tay's first day and calling Jairus in tears! I mean it's so good they are more independent and truthfully we want the break too, but ahhhhh...there are no words to explain it. Good luck-the signs were such a great idea!

Nielson said...

You are so cute--what a fun day: the bus, a yummy breakfast and cute signs. he looks so big too!!! What a cutie. Oh, and I have your quilt (sorry I am such a slacker--but it's finished)--I can bring it over any time.

Heather said...

Oh my heck!!! I found Yall!! This is Heather(Elliott)Hawkins. How are yall? Man what a cute family you have. Please e-mail me. Thumperduckie@msn.com
I am also on face book I have a blog spot too!My phone#is 360-666-1677 if you have verison cell service we can talk for free 360-624-2389. Please give mary this info. Love you much, Heather

Slim said...

Britten is hilarious! Love the comments - so glad you are writing them down because we just don't remember the cute things they say. What a great age! Love the RED neck commment!!! Smart boy.

Veylupeks said...

Love all the stuff Britten said. IT made me laugh. Too stinkin cute. Your family is so sweet.