Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Santa Monica Pier

I grew up riding bumper cars on the Santa Monica Pier. Sad to say they are no longer on the pier but replaced with a whole bunch of rides. My kids had a blast on the pier! Sarah spotted some "hotten candy" and had to have some! Here we are eating at Bubba Gumps right on the pier.
Ian got his grub on!!
Here is the gang at the bar. They arrived two hours before our reservation. The bartender LOVED them!! He also totally laughed when I showed up at the end of two hours and ordered a "virgin" pina colada!
Here we are on the very end of the pier! I was seriously in Heaven! I had such a great time!
LOVE this shot of Ian.
Uhm here is the guy that does not move until you give him a dollar! The kids were a little scared of him and he tried to get fresh with my dad and myself! Jeff was hiding in the crowd.
Dad with kids and Bubba shrimp guy! It was so fun to see my Dad so relaxed and happy! I think he really enjoyed spending time with his side of the family!
Sarah is hugging the shrimp's tail!
Jeff and kids at beginning of the pier. It was Jeff's first time there and he had a good one!

3 comments:

jodi said...

What a fun trip- it looks gorgeous... All of your pictures are darling!

Laci said...

Hey you! Where are you? K, just had to drop a line to tell you that our friends FINALLY bought the Ashdown house!! Crazy huh! Just thought Jeff would be interested. Hope things are going well....miss ya!

Slim said...

I loved reading up on all your fun adventures and new experiences in California. The kids singing Happy Birthday to Jiminy is the cutest. They are such cute kids.